I will agree clear a route of working with you at the start of a project before commencing each stage and a detailed fee agreement will be sent out. This explains exactly what you can expect to be involved in each stage. The agreement will either be a fixed cost or based on an hourly rate depending on the nature of the work.
I can provide the following services including the following, however please contact me if there is anything else you may require as this is not an exhaustive list:
- Detailed measured building surveys
- Clear and precise technical and working drawings and consultation to obtain various consents from Local Authorities:
- Planning permission for Loft Conversions, New Build and Extensions & Alterations where this may be required – Also covering all Commercial and Agricultural applications
- Listed building consent
- Building regulations submissions
- Creation of tender packages – Including fully detailed home building plans for construction purposes
- Providing specifications for works in detail as required
- Negotiations with building contractors – Including tender comparison
- Stock condition surveys – Including recommendations and repair schedules for works to be carried out to improve stock
David Gregory Design offers a quality service that is comparable to that of an Architect.
However, unlike an Architect (who is likely to charge 8-12% of the construction cost!) we have more down to earth fees to cover the work. The fees are generally fixed costs unless otherwise agreed at the initial meeting.
This means that you can budget for professional involvement reliably and not have to worry that every call or specification change will be edging your fee upwards!
The initial consultation is free of charge and should allow you to get a feel for how the process works as well as to get an idea of any timescales that are involved.
The fee agreements will then be sent (electronically for speed if possible) to explain the detailed elements that will be covered by the fees along with the terms and conditions. This also lists any other expenses that may be chargeable such as mileage and printing costs so that everything is clear from the start.
I can be involved at any stage of a project; obviously the easiest is involvement early on to make sure that all elements have been considered. However we are quite happy to be involved in projects later down the line. In the same token, we can also provide as much or as little information as you wish, from suggesting suppliers to obtaining quotations to gain a better idea of the cost.
Remember, if you have any queries or if something is not clear about any part of the process then please contact me and I will do my best to explain this in plain English.